March 15, 2015

Aloo Gobi

Hi there... for those who are wondering where I had been all this time, I am still here.

I’ve been taking an online food photography course called "30 Days to Better Food Photos". Yea, you heard it right... 30 days in a row. With a super-busy life and a food blog to maintain, I wasn't even sure how a daily shooting session would work. But then, I decided to push myself farther and give it a go!


The course has been engaging and interesting so far. In my opinion, this course is different from the usual ones and focuses mainly on various aspects of photography. We get hands-on experience in composition and story telling while focusing on angles, lighting, props, background etc.

Oh btw, did I tell you the best part yet - this course is absolutely f-r-e-e!! If interested, click on this link to register and if you are lucky, you will find a spot in the next session.


Now coming to the downside of taking this course, I am not getting time, as much as I would like, to try/click/share new recipes for my blog. Two photo shoots in a day is actually too much to take. But, this recipe of aloo-gobi is too good to pass. Everything about his recipe was so perfect especially with hot & steaming rotis that I had to stretch myself a little to share the recipe with my readers. But hey.. I had super fun clicking pics for the blog after a nice long break!! Incase you don't find me blogging in the next few weeks, you now know what I am upto!!


Basic Info
Complexity - Medium
Prep time - 20 mins (includes parboiling)
Cook time - 30 mins
Serves - 6

Ingredients
Cauliflower - 1.5 medium head, cut into florets
Baby Potatoes - 8, quartered
Onion - 1 medium, chopped

Olive oil - 2-3 tbsp

Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp

Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Red chili powder - 3/4 tsp
Coriander powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Amchur - 1 tsp

Cilantro - leaves from 1/2 bunch, finely chopped
Kasuri Methi - 1 tsp

Instructions
Parboil cauliflower florets and chopped potatoe in boiling water separately.

Heat olive oil in a large pan. Sizzle cumin seeds and splutter mustard seeds. Add onion and sauté until translucent.

Next, add parboiled cauliflower florets and chopped potatoes to the pan. Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and mix well.

Let it cook on medium heat for upto 8-10 mins until the vegetables are cooked completely.

Add garam masala, amchur, kasturi methi (crushed between the palms of your hand), cilantro and mix well.  Let it cook for another 2-3 mins and remove from heat.

Serve with roti/rice.


No comments :

Post a Comment