December 7, 2011

Watermelon juice

Its juice time baby! Hold on! Okay.... I know what you are thinking... Nope, I am neither crazy nor pregnant to crave for watermelon juice at this time of the year. But, there are times when your kids force you into something and challenge you with a tricky situation!!

One such challenge was thrown at me, after I took my kiddo to Indian store last Sunday. There were just 2 tiny personal watermelons sitting in the shelf - reminding me that winter is fast approaching. Just during this summer, my daughter developed a liking for watermelon from school. She got so excited to see watermelon at the store and yeah.... you would have guessed the end of the story by now... So, this watermelon was sitting in my refrigerator for 2 days and whenever I asked her if she wants to eat watermelon, she would simply nod her head and run off.

I hate to keep fruits in the fridge for more than 2 days and so decided to give it a twist, fancy her with some colorful juice and get over with the melon. Guess what - it really worked!


Ingredients
Personal watermelon -1
Lemon - 1
Pinch of salt
Sugar - only if required (Sugar need not be added as some melons are very sweet)
Honey - 1 spoonful

Method
Scoop the watermelon flesh into a mixer and run it in the mixer along with salt & sugar. Extract the juice out of a fresh lemon and add it to the juice along with honey. Serve chilled.

Serious confession: Though the outside weather was terribly cold, we happily indulged ourselves in this red summer treat watching some kid's movie together :)



2 comments :